Hello:

I've just upgraded to 4.2.1 from 3.1.2, OS 9.1, and I'm finding the Setup
in Mail Accounts somewhat confusing.

How do I configure to ensure that all mail is deleted from the server
upon downloading? In Mail Accts, Receiving, Advanced-- does the option to
"delete from server when deleting locally" mean that all messages will be
deleted?

The "purge retrieved messages" button with its message: "the next time
you connect...all messages left on the server... will be purged seems to
indicate that messages will not be purged upon the initial downloading.

I am sure this is simple, and I'm just not seeing it!

-Judy-