>anyone know how any equally good Mail filter software that runs on the
>server? Preferrably on OS X Server (Think Unix).

While I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "on the server" (I assume
you're not talking about installing a package yourself on a POP server,
but a feature within your local e-mail client; correct me if that
interpretation is wrong), I assume you're looking for ways to zap spam
without having to download it in the first place.  I'd think that would
be tough for a couple of reasons:

(1)  Bayesian filtering requires access to the body of the message to
work.  If you're only looking at headers on the server, then filtering
effectiveness would be reduced dramatically.

(2)  No filter is perfect.  You're going to get some false positives and
negatives no matter what, and you need to be able to handle those, too.
How would you handle that if the messages were on the server?  Refusing
them outright is too dangerous, as genuine messages may be zapped.

---

Scott T. Hards
President
HobbyLink Japan (www.hlj.com)