If I turn on the "download external pictures" option in the HTML reader
preferences PM will lock up.  It seems it is trying to display the
graphics but never gets it done.   PM doesn't crash it simply hangs.
I've left it run as long as 5 minutes trying to display an HTML email
with no success.  It does not happen 100% of the time but will occur
multiple times during the day.  The only option is a force quit.

Other than turn off that preference is there another solution or work around?

I'm running a 500 Mhz Powerbook 512 MB Ram   OSX 10.2.6

Thanks

--
Alan Hattman                    Never ask a man what computer he uses.
                                                  If it's       a Mac, he'll