On Thu, Sep 18, 2003, Patrick Blum [EMAIL PROTECTED], invoked
powers within the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 8:00 pm Mike Edwards wrote
>
>>Stop applying filters to this message is checked in all filters.
>
>What exactly does this instruction do. I've checked it and unckecked it
>and couldn't see any difference.
>
>I still find filtering problematic, particularly HTML-based ones.
>
>Patrick

If "Stop applying filters" is checked, PowerMail won't run that one
message through other filters when the message meets the filter's
criteria. That filter will just execute the actions it is configured to
do on the message. If the message doesn't meet the criteria, it will be
passed on until it hopefully is acted upon by another filter. That's why
filters should be set up to act on good messages from friends, mailing
lists, etc. before filters set up to catch spam. In other words, arrange
your filters so that important messages are filtered by the first filters
in the list of filters.

HTH

cheshirekat

--
Sleep after toil, port after stormy seas, ease after war, death after
life does greatly please. -Edmund Spenser, poet (1552-1599)

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.6 * 768 MB Ram *
* Addictions: iTunes 4 * WarCraft * The Sims *