Marlyse Comte scripsit dd. Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:12:16 -0500

>I got something for my PM wish list:
>
>Having the option to view the Recent Mail window in a 3-pane view.
>
>Right now I have the Folder List constantly open next to the Recent Mail
>window (for being able to quickly drop a new message into a folder or to
>get quick access to the mail in a specific folder). When I want to see
>the content of a folder, I have to double-click and open a new window on
>top, which I think not practical, as again I have to close this window
>before switching to another folder.
>
>Of course the Recent Mail window would need to get an icon of it's own in
>the Folder List menu, right under the Out Tray (to be able to switch back
>to the Recent Mail window after switching to some other folder).
>
>I've always liked using the 3-pane view best but since the invention of
>the Recent Mail window using it less frequently as I find my small Pismo
>screen cluttered with this window plus the 3-pane window (my 22-inch
>desktop makes every other monitor look small and cluttered). Including
>the Recent Mail window into the 3-pane window would make things again
>more compact.
>
>Now THIS would be sugar candy, IMHO.
>
>---marlyse
>
>P.S.: The Recent Mail window refuses mostly to open when new mail
>arrives. Trashing the user preference file fixed it for a short  while,
>but now again, it will not open while having the 3-pane window open.

I have a request for a Recent Mail *style* window which can be
scriptually filled with a list of messages and opened. This feature,
which CTM likes and *considers* implementing, could benefit from
Marlyse's idea as well.

In which case these scriptually produced list windows would appear in the
folder list as well. And this is something which would be useful for
"found message windows" as well. The ability to move messages to folders
in the folder list is useful in all these cases.

What I would propose:

    - a Recent Mail entry in the Folder list (Marlyse's idea);
    - a Found message windows *folder* entry in the Folder list;
    - the ability to scriptually make folders of scriptually created
message lists entries in the Folder list.

Now, to avoid confusion something more is necessary. All the above
mentioned windows do not contain actual messages, just aliases to them.
Therefore, I would propose an option to show a two pane folder list in
which the bottom pane lists only folders containing aliases. The top pane
would be the folder list we know, with each folder containing *real*
messages, rather than aliases.

Jan Storms