I'm running the latest Beta 4.2b3/final candidate (may or may not be
relevant..)

I have a folder with "0 messages, -1 unread". The folder icon is bold
suggesting I have unread messages. 'View All' and 'View Unread' make no
difference.

I'm reading mail by having the 'Recent Mail' window open automatically.
The messages which would have been in this folder would have been
filtered there automatically. On my last download there were two or three
messages for this folder. I deleted them from the 'Recent Mail' window
without reading them. So the folder should say "0 messages"... Emptying
the 'Mail Trash' has had no effect.

I also saw something like this a few days ago with another folder. It was
bold and said "xxxx messages, 1 unread" although I had no unread
messages. I put that down to aborting a mail download mid way through.

I have fixed the problem by re-launching with command & option and
running "verify database consistency".

But it shouldn't have happened?

--
david.gordon