Hello Jay

>I ran into problems right away with the Export-Eudora script insofar as
>it cannot do the one thing that all other methods can't seem to do:
>export my saved copies of emails that were sent BY ME to others. Most of
>the emails in my database are ones I received from others, but perhaps 5%
>are ones I have sent which I want to preserve. The Export-Eudora script
>gives me this error message as soon as it encounters an email which I sent:
>
>"The variable sender address is not defined."
>
>For example, the first folder I tried to export has ten received emails
>followed by two which I sent and saved with the others. The export file
>contains the ten, but I get the above error message and the exporting stops.
>
>Is there a way to export to PowerMail saved copies of sent mail? Of
>course, I could just send it again but I'd lose the record of the actual
>date and time that the emails were originally sent. Any ideas?

If you Forwarded the messages to yourself (rather than Resend them) I
think they will have the original date recorded but it will be in the
body of the mail.

Or you could Redirect them to yourself and add the sent date to the
subject of the message.

Of course in neither case would they be listed in the original sent date
order in PM's In Tray, but since you don't have too many of them this may
be acceptable.

Hopefully someone will have a better suggestion though.

-- Frank Mitchell, Scottsdale, Arizona