> Fair enough if the Safari engine gives better HTML rendering, but
 > please let there be an option to switch off HTML and leave PM just
 > like it is now.  Most of the spam I receive is HTML and I just filter
 > it to the trash unless the sender is in my address book.

Given that the current PowerMail builds allow the user to not use HTML
viewing, I see no reason for future builds to not continue that tradition.

I dislike most HTML e-mail byself. I do think it would be nice to have
real formatting in messages, but it's almost always abused. It would be
nice if a only certain subset of HTML could be supported (B, I, A, and
maybe a small subset of CSS; no tables, images, objects, or positioning
though) but I imagine that Safari's support for HTML and CSS elements
can't just be "turned off" like that.