Hi all,

Another problem, this time with filters.  Correct me if I'm wrong but on
incoming mail, filters are taken in turn.  To me at least this means that
if the first filter says 'dump this in a particular folder (eg PMail
Discuss), that action is carried out and subsequent filters should have
no effect.

In my case my list filters are first in line.  The PM filter is set to:
IF  'Reply to', 'Sender' or 'to' contain [EMAIL PROTECTED]
then, if ANY condition is met, place the msg in the PMail discuss folder.
 For some reason this does not always work and clearly some of the later
filters designed to dump spam in the trash are operating and some of the
list stuff ends up in the trash.  This problem is not confined to the PM list.

The only reason I can think of is that PM checks the first condition on
each filter and then moves to the filter rather than checking all
conditions in the filter and then moving on to the next.

I should add that later filters automatically dump any HTML stuff in the
trash and others are set to deal with multipart msgs in the same way
unless the sender is in the address book.  I keep a small group in the
address book to allow some of this, a lot of which comes from windows users.

Some of this i suspect is caused by he way some listservers work.
'Sender' is sometimes the msg originator, although 'Reply to' is usually
to the list address.  This does seem to vary, probably depending on the
software the server uses.

Any ideas, comments etc?

cheers
Chris