I've been running Powermail 4.1.2 for 4 months now, and I'm really
unhappy. I did a careful search of email tools before committing to PM,
and for a while thought I had the correct approach. Now I feel very different.

The major problem is deleting old messages. I have 43,000 messages in my
Mail Trash right now, from the last 6 months. I would like to purge all
messages over 90 days, but there is no practical way to do so.

The official way to do this is to create another folder, move the
messages you don't want to delete to it, then use Special...Empty Mail
Trash from the menu to do this. The problem is that it is not possible to
select more than a couple of thousand messages to move at a time.

Another suggested solution is to use a third party AppleScript. It's a
nice idea perhaps, but totally impractical with the volumes I have.

This topic has come up over and over again on the PM discussion boards,
but CTM have not said what they are doing about this. If PM wants to be a
serious email program, it needs to address the issues of serious users.

George Henne
NS BASIC Corporation
http://www.nsbasic.com