computers are just plain cool - well, more specifically the people coding
and coming up with all these neat ideas, which makes using computers real
fun:

since upgrading to osx I missed the freeware iScriptLite which was set to
daily backup my PM address book and my PM database plus to check my (oh
so many) secondary accounts. With the ability to set various schedules
for various accounts, the last script was not so important anymore, but
the automated daily backup I miss.

now I found a way to automate this - right out of iCal!

I found it on VersionTracker and it is called "iCal_Script_Integrator".
this allows you to activate AppleScript as a timed event, and as a
repeating timed event my daily backups again happen, gone the hassle of
trying to remember daily to do it.

I have now created a calendar especially and only for scripts in iCal to
make full use of this b/c next to this usage, there are so many other
possible uses when integrating AppleScript into ical, it's just plain
cool, imagine, by using a published calendar (which can be published on
any FTP server with another small iCal utility) I could even activate
specific AppleScripts on an external drive to control that drive!

now, tell me this is not cooler than pie!
;-)

---marlyse

p.s. and another total fun gadget are widgets which are built on java and
to be used with Konfabulator - 250 such widgets (some really useful, many
just plain fun or nice to look at) can be found at konfabulator.com - for
example right now I have 3 weather locations (2 in the US plus 1 in
Switzerland) and 2 world time units (nicely styled) entertain my idle eye
- constantly updating and showing time, temperature, day/night and
weather condition all (if you get hooked, you'll be double glad having a
big cinema display) - me a visual geek? no way!! :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mancoStudios.com
we too have been infected:
http://www.mancoStudios.com/blogs/mStudios.html