I've tried to export a PowerMail folder to a variety of formats using the
Database->Export... facility.  In each case the exported mailbox appears
to be broken in regard to the from line of each message.  An example:

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970

The message when viewed in PowerMail has the correct "Date Sent" and
"Date Saved".  It appears that if one wants to move messages out of
PowerMail for any reason, the date information will be lost.  I've tested
this from two different computers running Mac OS X 10.2.4 and PowerMail
4.1 and 4.1.2.

My current date and time settings are to use Apple's supplied time server
and have selected Eastern Time Zone, which is now indicating Eastern
Daylight Time.  My date and time appear correct in the menu bar.

-Bob Seaner
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]