You'll need to run an AppleScript to do something like that.  You can
find such a script at <http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html>.

I've also done this manually by creating a new folder I call Temporary
Trash.  I move all of the "newer" messages from my trash into that
folder, then I delete what's left in the trash.  Finally, I move the
messages back to the trash folder.  Seems rather archaic, but it's
sometimes faster than waiting for an AppleScript to go through each message.

Carl

Wednesday, April 2, 2003 at 3:09 PM (-0500):