I've been painting the area I use for my OS X box with PowerMail so I've
been using my iMac 9.2 with Claris Emailer. In the time that I've been
using eMailer I haven't noticed any of the stalled connections that I was
having with PowerMail. I reconnected the OS X machine and used Powermail,
and the first connection that I had scheduled stalled - the status window
remains open displaying 'downloading xx messages...' and remains there
until it is dismissed by a mouse click on the 'stop' button. I tried
running eMailer and PowerMail alternately from the OS X box, eMailer from
classic mode, and I experienced the problem twice more with Powermail
over a 24 hour timeframe. I've not had the problem at all with eMailer.
I'm beginning to suspect that the culprit in my connection problems is
not my ISP, but PowerMail.