Thanks Barbara.  That's how I set it at first for spam, but thought I
should check before I delete, since sometimes I am a bit too quick on the
draw with deletions... This does seem like the best way though to
maintain a clean view in RMW, since there is no way to "easily" mark as
read and remove from view.  I am sure this can be done in AppleScript,
but I don't have the power.  For now, this solution works just fine.

Thanks,
JG

--
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
--J.R.R. Tolkien