Hi all,

My ISP has set SpamAssassin up on the mail servers.  I got an email today
that was flagged as having a possible virus, and thus had the attachment
stripped.  The alert message was slightly interesting:

>This is a message from the Hunter Point Online E-Mail Virus Protection
Service
>The original e-mail attachment "msg-17299-421.html"
>was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning
>message.
>
>Due to limitations placed on us by the Regulation of Investigatory Powers
>Act 2000, we were unable to keep a copy of the infected attachment. Please
>ask the sender of the message to disinfect their original version and send
>you a clean copy.
>
>At Mon Feb 24 12:59:57 2003 the virus scanner said:
>   Found dangerous IFrame tag in HTML message
>
>--
>Postmaster
>
>HPO thanks Mailscanner and SpamAssassin for their support

I thought this was interesting because every now and then some PM users
report a certain email message gave them serious trouble.  Sometimes it
crashes PM or causes other unpleasantness.  Most people believe the
culprit is bad HTML code.

While I have no way of providing any other details (seeing as how the
message has been destroyed), perhaps this could give a clue to someone
else.  Maybe badly formatted IFrame tags are poisoning PM...

Tim
Tokyo, Japan

iBook   PPC G3   300MHz   OS 8.6   160MB/+400MB VM   CarbonLib 1.6
PM 4.1.2   (15MB allocated)   2 pane view   Digest Mode
Tim's PowerMail FAQ <http://home.hpo.net/timm/PowerMailFAQ.html>
Last updated: March 21, 2002

PowerMail AppleScript Archives:
<http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html>