ok, I think I figured out why I got the error message:

a) I launched the patcher from within the mounted disc image.
b) it seems to have patched iPhoto despite the error message, because
when I copied the patcher to the Finder and launched I received the
message that iPhoto had already been patched. I then unpatched (to see
what happens) and then clicked on patch and now it worked without an
error message.

---marlyse

------------ former message(s) quotes: -------------