Yes. I had this problem for a long time, and it stumped PowerMail support.

I can't give you specific steps to apply, but I do know it has something
to do with number of messages in the database. At the time, I had more
than 5,000 messages. For unrelated reasons, I reduced this to about
3,000, and the problem disappeared.

RH