>From A-NO-NE Music [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2006-10-12 19.59 (-0400 GMT)
>
>>I reported this with b2.  All what you need to do to get out of spinning
>>beachball of death is cover the screen with something else, like Safari
>>window then bring PM back with Cmd+Tab.  It seems PM5.5 is suffering
>>from display non single bite message.  This is PPC, by the way.
>
>Thanks for the suggestion, Hiro, but Cmd+Tab didn't bring back PowerMail
>from its beachball of death state. Had to force-quit it again.
>
>Manually changing text encoding ceased to function with this version.
>
>Damienn
>
>2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac / OS X Tiger 10.4.8 / PowerMail 5.5fc1

The first time i tried Hiro's suggestion it did not work, but what i had
done was change to Omniweb that was running at the time. I tried it
again but this time i started Safari up then used the cmd + tab and it
worked like he said. maybe you have to call up a program that isn't
waiting in the wings.

Gerry

G4 667Mhz   10.4.8
--