If you want to do this via AppleScript then just save the following as a script.

<applescript>
do shell command "pbpaste | pbcopy"
</applescript>

--
Andy Fragen

On Oct 14, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Andy Fragen wrote:

There's a much simpler method.

#!/bin/sh
pbpaste | pbcopy

I save the above shell script and converted to an small application
using Platypus or some other app that will make a script into an
application.

Copy the text, run the app/script, then paste the text.

Andy

--
Andy Fragen