Jerome:

Followed your suggestions but was totally unable to remove single items
from the PowerMail Files folder: they didn't remove, just copied.
Anyway, was able to save some important PM folders before PM quit again
and would not reopen. Then, switched User Environment and set up again.

All seems to be well, even managed to get my PM Address Book installed.
I have not tried to import the database from the old PM Files as I
suspect there's a problem there somewhere.

Would you suggest I trash old folders, or just ignore them?