I have always used the Recent Mail window.  In the current version, I
observe that I can get two well-separated emails highlighted at the same
time although I have only chosen one.  The second highlight sometimes
stays in the same relative position in the window; this means that it
moves as I move down the list.  This does not always happen.  As I write
the subject of the email that is open, is outlined in blue while another
is blocked in blue.  When I trash the open email, the block moves down
the list one place.  While this may not be particularly serious, it is
somewhat disconcerting.  Has anyone else seen this?

-- Charles

PM 5.5fc1 - Intel iMac - OS 10.4.7