Rick Lecoat ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on 2006-11-07 15:20 said:

>And it's still going on (which is to be expected I guess as nothing has
>changed). But this is getting serious. Notwithstanding that the fact
>that primary issue is that my ISP can't sustain its connection in the
>evenings, Powermail's inability to deal properly with a prematurely
>broken connection is not acceptable.
>
>PM has many quirks in its interface that I don't like but can live with
>because it does its core job in a solid fashion. But this issue means
>that I am losing email -- something that an email application should
>never permit. I just received a message from a client that I had been
>waiting for and it only half came through (because of the severed
>connection). The connection is re-established, but PM will not retrieve
>it, so it is lost.
>
>Absolutely unacceptable and needs to be fixed as a priority.

I have to agree.  Also, this never happened before 5.5 (at least to me,
and I recall no complaints earlier).

Did the database format change with 5.5?  I don't remember... I'm
thinking about downgrading to the previous version, even if it means
using Rosetta.

--
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free." - Goethe