On May 7, 2007, at 11:00 PM, Curtis inscribed:
Subject: Re: PowerMail and IMAP
From: "Curtis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:02:21 -0500

On Mon, 7 May 2007 09:34:21 -0400, Sean McBride wrote:

with highspeed internet connections IMAP becomes more and more popular.
So I think it would be nice, if these limitations within the IMAP-
implementation of PM would be removed in the near future.

I agree. IMAP is much beter than POP, and I'd like to switch, but for
now PowerMail is holding me back.

Webmail has made serious inroads into the popularity of IMAP.  Webmail
offers portability of email across machines, and with adequate
functionality to please the majority of users interested in such
portability.

While webmail has come a long, long way - I would argue that the "majority of users" that is pleases aren't the same ones who use PowerMail. From a business perspective - they often still see using multiple machines to access email [via any protocol] as a bit insecure. I am afraid that having amazing POP3 support at the expense of mediocre IMAP support will cause more harm than good. In the long run it is something that will likely be seen as a black mark against an otherwise great application.

I've used PowerMail for years, but like Wayne B. I've given the nod to Mail for now for it's IMAP support. The trade off is I'm more inclined to pare down the total size of messages to try and keep it lean. In PM it was nice [in fact exceedingly beneficial] to be able to reference 2-3 year old emails conversations about an ongoing project without losing speed or functionality. Using Mail I try to extract the relevant bits to other documents and rely on searching for them [DEVONThink].

Fin Kename