>I've been using PowerMail for several years, and I've encountered
>something yesterday that won't clear up by itself, and I can't get it to
>clear up.
>
>When I try to send email via my primary email account, I get the
>following error message:
>A network interface error occurred Class=NetP; what=4; when=1
>
>I have tried Quitting PM and deleting the following:
>Temp Outgoing Temp Incoming User Prefs
>
>- I have re-set the parameters for this mail account (other accounts are
>working just fine).
>
>- I've created a new Mail Account using all the account info for the
>account that won't send, in case the Mail Account was corrupt.
>
>- I've checked and re-checked the account's validity and password on my
>ISP's mail server.

A while back I had a similar problem and just kept experimenting around
to see what might fix it.  It was very easy to re-install PM (which
didn't involve re-doing the settings, just downloading a fresh copy of
the current version, removing the old copy from Applications, installing
the new copy, then running "repair the permissions" from the Disk
Utility), and in my case that did the trick.  I still don't have any
idea what caused the problem but something in my copy of PM must have
become corrupted somehow.  Might be worth a try just to see...

Good luck!

Ken