>Power Mail 5.5.2 would download a
>couple of messages and then crash with the "The application Power
>Mail has unexpectedly quit..." message. This happens now every time I
>try to retrieve mail.

Do you have webmail access to the account? Via webmail or even another
mail program, clear off a few messages (delete or move to a subfolder),
then retry PowerMail. I've had a few crashers in the past... the usual
suspects. :)

If you can already launch PowerMail and view your messages (as it seems
from your post), then try and take a look at the most recent message you
downloaded. Then you have idea of what offending message to target.

"In the unlikely event of..." database problems, emergency recovery for
PowerMail is holding down command and option keys when you launch the
program. You get a list of options, though I don't think you need that
just yet. Good luck.

Maybe forward that crasher to CTMDev before deleting so they can figure
out how to fix it! >:)

Chris