Not knowing much about Leopard, not putting it on until it's working
nicely!!, I have however deleted all files ending in .old many times as
they take up SO much space and only appear after compacting Database
anyway so as long as your main Database is working then there is no need
for such files I would have thought. Same goes goes for cache and temp
folders.

Carl