I just upgraded to Leopard.  I cloned my hard drive, did a clean
install, then copied the files back into Leopard from the clone.

When I went to open PowerMail it told me that it needed to upgrade
the database to be compatible with PM 5.5, that I should make a
backup copy of the mail file and then proceed.   Instead of seeing
warning flares and hearing warning sirens, I went ahead and did this.
Then when PM finally opened, the newest mail showing in the database
was dated October 22, 2006......13 months ago.

I have this sinking feeling........what have I done to myself here?

Any help for the embarrassed old guy will be greatly appreciated.

John