>I do have some Yahoo! Groups subscriptions, but have yet to encounter
>the "does not hide bug".

For most every list I'm on, I've requested the plain text version. The
particular one that gave me a headache this morning had switched the
subscription to HTML version last May, with no opt-out notice I guess.

Multipart HTML messages don't seem to have any problems, from some
further hiding tests this morning. Just "text/html" alone.

If one turns the HTML reader on, there is no problem. Further, if one
_has_ the HTML reader on and then turns it off without relaunching
PowerMail, the bug doesn't seem to kick in for these messages. But quit
and relaunch with it off and pure "text/html" seems to trigger it. So
having HTML rendering off actually _causes_ problems. Ugh.

Trimming down another PowerMail database to show that right now...

>However, I'm consistently suffering from the
>"does not show bug", i.e. trying to bring PM to the foreground by
>clicking its icon in the Dock once or tabbing to it using Cmd-Tab brings
>either no or only its frontmost window to the foreground instead of all
>of its windows as is the case with all other applications I have (among
>which there are Cocoa, Carbon and Java apps).

That is odd. Only one window coming to the foreground on app switch
reminds me of the frustration I had with early OS X releases. OS 9
brought all windows of an app to the front, OS X didn't, IIRC. But by
now I've either set some preference to have all windows come to the
front, or OS X changed. Not sure which.

As for switching via the Dock, my Dock is two pixels high, left side,
bottom pinned and hiding. That's the same corner that I send the mouse
to when I done using the computer and want to activate the screensaver.
Do I need to add I never use the Dock? So I'm afraid I can't empathize
with funky Dock behavior. Good luck though...  :)

Tabbing I have no problems with PowerMail windows, unless the hiding bug
has bitten.

Chris
--
PowerMail 5.6.1 on OS X 10.4.11 Intel