Irene wrote, On 09/09/2008 3:09 PM:
Can someone help me with this. Sent a .jpg attachment to a Mac user and
was told it was not received as an attachment but as "code" inside the
email. I think "code" means a lot of weird symbols and letters. The
receiver is using Mail.app.

I forwarded the same email to myself and received it with the attachment
intact.

So what can be done about this ? What could cause this to happen ? Can
it be fixed ?

Any help much appreciated.

Irene

Sounds like the message is being interpreted as something to be shown "inline". Strange. Email clients which have that option know that such an operation should only be done for items detected as text.

Are you sending it compressed or with some funky encoding for your images? What does your correspondent have as his/her settings for reading such email?