Lyle D. Gunderson wrote at 7:39 PM (-0700) on 11/21/08:

>1. I am happy to pay for an upgrade. I could care less if it is 6.0
>or 5.6.5.0000001. I want CTM Development to continue seeing PowerMail
>as something worth putting time into (and for them to stay in the
>black). The upgrade cost is about what it costs me to take my sons
>out to lunch, and a good email client is a very important tool to me.

I agree.  If it were my software I would not be bumping the version
numbers so quickly, due to my philosophies on version numbering.  But
that is immaterial to my desire to support the software's development.

>And will prevent loss of any styles they may have applied to text I
>include in a reply.

I'm not sure about that -- it appears that if you reply to an HTML
message, the entire content is reduced to plain text.  I think that was
mentioned in the release notes.  Unless I misunderstand what you're saying.

>Open mind or not, though, I backed up my mail database before I
>installed the betta! :-)

While backups are always a good idea, your reasoning sounds a little fishy.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betta>

;)

-ben