Am/On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 14:15:49 -0500 schrieb/wrote Sean McBride:

>Hi all,
>
>Anyone ever seen this error message:
>
>"[SYS/PERM] Could not read message file"
>
>Ever since our mail server had a power failure, I get this message
>checking mail.  If I use Mail.app I can still get mail.  But with PM 6
>(and 5) I get this error.  It seems to be getting stuck on one message
>and refusing to continue.
>
>Any thoughts?

I don't know, what software is running on your server.
In case it is cyrus for POP and IMAP (the message sounds like that)
rebuild your mailboxes.
You can use mailbfr for that, if you are not really confident with the
command line for doing this.
In case it's something different like dovecot, you first need to read
the documentation how to do it.
Be aware, that all messages in the mailboxes on the server will return
to the state unread, so mails which are still stored on the server will
be pulled again by PM.

Thanks and all the best

Matthias