Riva Freifeld (ri...@attglobal.net) on 2008-12-21 3:48 PM said:

>I upgraded to PM6 with no problem, and everything works great, except
>for 1 little thing:
>
>When I try to view messages in "Thread" mode, in certain cases but not
>all, PM shows me every single message that contains one of the same
>words as the selected message in the subject heading, i.e. not just the
>thread for the message I selected. For example, when I wanted to see the
>thread for a message titled "Thanks!", it showed me every message in the
>database with the word "thanks" in the subject line.
>
>I thought this might have something to do with the search index, but I
>had updated the search index shortly before I tried this.

I'm also confused about how this feature is supposed to work.

For me, it's acting as follows:
 - I select a message with title "foo bar"
 - I choose 'View Thread'
 - a new window appears showing messages with "foo" and "bar" in their
subject.  Even if not part of the same thread at all.  It also misses
some that are part of the thread.

I hope that's not what it's supposed to do.  Behaviour like Mail.app
would be better (and could be improved upon).

Anyone else try this?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                         cwat...@cam.org
Mac Software Designer               Montréal, Québec, Canada