I recently sent an e-mail to a woman whose address contained a dot. It
bounced. I received the following message. (I have changed the address
to protect her privacy.)

======
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

<s.smith54...@sbcglobal.net>:
207.115.21.20 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <s.smith54...@sbcglobal.net>... Addressee
unknown, relay=[69.147.64.91]
Giving up on 207.115.21.20.
[original message omitted]
====

After several tries, I sent it successfully using Apple's Mail program.
I don't know whether the problem lies in PowerMail or yahoo.com.

Thanks for your help
Len

--
Leonard Morgenstern

If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your
side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table.
--Advice to a young lawyer.