When I start up from my SuperDuper HD clone from Saturday when everything was
working fine, the same problem exists.  Oddly, my wife is having the same
problem using an old version of Mail (2.1.3) on Tiger on her old iMac lamp.

Therefore, the problem must be with mac/me.com.  I've posted the question to
Apple Discussions, but no replies.  Could it be some problem caused by my ISP,
Verizon?

BTW, when Waiting messages are deleted, PM shows "-4 waiting." It still wants
to send those messages I deleted. Argh!!!!

Tom Miller