John Snippe <j...@snippe.ca> wrote (Sat, 10 Jul 2010 08:07:46 -0400):

> IMAP could work, except that it's interfaces (eg: squirrelmail) tend
> to be so primitive, and lack control.
>
> Anyone here have experience with Mailsmith?

I like Mailsmith, and if it had been free at the time when I was looking
for a new email client, I admit I might have chosen Mailsmith instead of
PowerMail.

However, while PowerMail's IMAP support it quite "basic", Mailsmith
doesn't support IMAP at all. And, according to the author, it probably
never will.
And Mailsmith doesn't work with a single database but individual files
(one file for each message) and I don't know what will happen if you
just sync those files between various computers.

Kind regards,
Tobias Jung