Hi Tobias,

Am 11.11.2010 um 18:17 schrieb Tobias Jung:

> Well, thank you, but this (of course) only affects files that already
> are stored on your hard disk. But I received a HTML file three days ago
> – that's what brought my attention to this matter – and it has the
> "MSIE" creator code, too.
>
> And while I can't be sure that I never used the procedure you describe
> on HTML files, I _am_ sure
> a) that I didn't do this within the last three days;
> b) that _if_ I did it at some point in the past, I wouldn't have set the
> "Open with" option to Internet Explorer…
>
> So while I know how to change the creator code of existing files, I
> wonder what sets the creator code of files that arrive on my system.

Sorry, this wasn't clear from your mail :-)

This shouldn't affect only existing files but also new ones. Try rebuilding
Launch Services with Onyx. Optimize/Create new (Neuaufbau) and then
LaunchServices.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.