No, Sent messages should show up on every client. And really don't do Gmail
with IMAP. Their IMAP implementation is weird. Besides with Gmail there isn't a
big difference between IMAP and POP.

On 21.11.2010, at 03:19, H.R. Riggs wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out IMAP and it seems that the following is true.
>
> Let's say I sent a message from PM using the IMAP account. The message
> shows up in my Sent message folder on PM. It also shows up in my Sent
> message folder in the IMAP account (in this case, Gmail). But it doesn't
> look like the client sees that folder. So, e.g., if I go to another
> machine and use an email client, whether it be PM, or Outlook or Mail, I
> won't see that sent message. Is that correct?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.