On 11/22/10, Mirko Kranenburg wrote:

>What about exporting as PowerMail Exchange including attachments, the
>deleting the whole lot and importing again?
>It is a bit a roundabout way, and it will take a lot of time for a large
>archive, but it should work, or am I wrong?

I have a relatively small PowerMail message database (<170 MB) and less
than 500 files in my Attachments folder.  Unfortunately, many of the
attachment files are duplicates from when I took a couple of excursions
into other email programs, and re-imported messages that weren't
recognized as duplicates by PowerMail.  I figured I would try exporting
the database, then importing into a new environment.  I gave up
exporting after it sat for an hour showing 25 minutes left, with the CPU
on my Pismo maxed out, and the fan running (The first time EVER the fan
on my Pismo kicked in!).  The Dock icon, when clicked, said "Application
not responding".  I gave up, force quit PowerMail, and tried again, with
the same results.

Looks like I'll clean out the attachments manually...

--
Don Zahniser
Powerbook G3 (Pismo), 40GB HD (5200 RPM), 768 MB RAM, Mac OS 10.4.11