Hey all,

I've been noticing that when I receive attachments from a correspondent using
Hotmail that PM fails to heed the attached filenames and instead re-names the
files equivalent to the message's Subject line.  This is irritating and
irreversible.

I'm not a MIME expert, but on quick glance, the sub-part headers look
reasonable; e.g.:

--=_mintier-9426-1331185362-0001-2

UEsDBBQABgAIAAAAIQAGHS5yiAEAANkFAAATAAgCW0NvbnRlbnRfVHlwZXNdLnhtbCCiBAIooAAC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[...]

The attachments are properly handled by Mail.app.  But when I download the
message with PM, the attachment is not saved as indicated, but rather named
after the message subject (sans extension).  This gets worse of course when
there are several attachments.

I should perhaps do some testing with hotmail.com and try to narrow down the
circumstances.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

cheers,

-b

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician