Heh - I didn't report a problem because I didn't encounter one :)

I'm running 6.2 on Mavericks and everything is OK. Both on a Mac Mini and MBP.

From the look of the "helo" I wonder if this might be an issue with IPv6 ? In
my setup, IPv6 is link-local only, and all servers are accessed through IPv4.
In my case, most mail goes via iCloud, and a little on gmail.

Regards.....Peter