powermail-discuss Digest #3086 - Tuesday, April 1, 2014

  Re: Powermail Import not working
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
  Re: Powermail Import not working
          by "Geoff Roynon" <geoffroy...@gmail.com>

Subject: Re: Powermail Import not working
From: "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:48:21 +0200

Geoff Roynon wrote:

>I'm having problems trying to import a mailbox from Thunderbird. I have
>exported the mailbox in "eml" format and tried using the "File/Database/
>Import" function in Powermail. I go through all the steps but nothing
>happens - no error message but no import either.

Thunderbird stores messages in the standard mailbox format, so PowerMail should
be able to import that directly. Choose "Thunderbird" as the import format,
then PowerMail should direct you to Thunderbird's mail folder (something like
"{home}/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/{something.default}/Mail/Local Folders").
Select this folder and import. A new folder called "Local Folder" should be
created, and should contain all your Thunderbird mailboxes as subfolders.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "I'm using FoxTrot for a while now and I'm very pleased with its results.
    It indexes files (by name, metadata and content) that are not indexed by
    other app like Spotlight, HoudahSpot, Moru, etc. That includes the
    contents of packages, like the files stored in DEVONthink or Scrivener.
    For someone that needs to acess these kind of files and preview some of
    them (mail, pdfs, rtf, docs, or even xls in a very strange way) this is
    a very useful application that saves you a lot of time."
  FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on http://osx.iusethis.com

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch

From: "Geoff Roynon" <geoffroy...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:17:43 +0100

>Thunderbird stores messages in the standard mailbox format, so PowerMail
>should be able to import that directly. Choose "Thunderbird" as the
>import format, then PowerMail should direct you to Thunderbird's mail
>folder (something like "{home}/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/
>{something.default}/Mail/Local Folders"). Select this folder and import.
>A new folder called "Local Folder" should be created, and should contain
>all your Thunderbird mailboxes as subfolders.
>

>Jérôme - CTM Engineering

Thanks Jerome, that works.

--
Geoff
using PowerMail 6.2.1 build 4668 on Mavericks

End of powermail-discuss Digest