powermail-discuss Digest #3132 - Tuesday, June 30, 2015

  I did it again -- what a dummy!
          by "T.L. Miller" <t...@tlmiller.net>

Subject: I did it again -- what a dummy!
From: "T.L. Miller" <t...@tlmiller.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:31:00 -0400

Using Find (Command F) in the Finder (PowerMail was not open) I looked for some
information from years ago.  It located the item in old PowerMail messages.
Didn't think about it, but when I clicked on one of these old messages, the
Mail Browser window that opened up looked like one from years ago -- missing
folders that I had added long ago.  Missing messages, too.  This looked like
the same mess I created months ago using Spotlight.  That time got PM back to
normal by replacing all the contents of my hard drive with a week old
SuperDuper clone.

The key, all databases, old versions, attachments, everything that's related to
PowerMail is in one folder.  When I shut down PM today after I caused the
problem and clicked on the message database, this old Message Browser window
opened again.

I'm guessing that when I clicked on the old PM message that the Find function
found, it opened an old database, and that somehow replaced the current one.

Another oddity, just now when I started up from a 10 day old SuperDuper clone,
even my current messages and a draft were already in PowerMail. I just don't
understand that!!!!!!

Well, I guess I'm going to SuperDuper a clone back to my iMac after I save
recent items to a flash drive that aren't on that 10 day old clone.  That's the
only way I know to keep PM up-to-date on my iMac's internal drive.

Looks like every time I look for something in old PowerMail messages, I totally
mess up PowerMail.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom Miller, 10.10.3

End of powermail-discuss Digest