From: Creamer, Charles E [mailto:cecrea...@tva.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:44 AM
To: 'powernet@hpspowernet.org'
Subject: [powernet] Dosimeter Pre-Alarms

Has anyone used the pre-alarm function of the electronic dosimeter lately.  I
remember hearing something about them in the past in which dosimeter prelarms
counted the same as an alarm but could not remember the specifics.

At Browns Ferry we do not use them and brief people to exit the area before
they get to 80% of the dose alarm set point

Chuck Creamer
Charles E. Creamer
Health Physicist
Tennessee Valley Authority
Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant
P.O. Box 2000 (Mail Stop NAB-1G-BFN)
Decatur, Al. 35609-2000
Phone: 256-729-2983
Fax:  256-729-3101
Pager: 1-800-323-4853, pin 30-053
mailto:cecrea...@tva.gov

This electronic message transmission contains information which may be TVA
SENSITIVE, TVA RESTRICTED or TVA CONFIDENTIAL. Any misuse or unauthorized
disclosure can result in both civil and criminal penalties. If you are not the
intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the content of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify me immediately by email and delete the