Fermi 2 recently upgraded to using GEDDS as our telemetry software.  We have
been able to set up AMS-4s in GEDDS.  Theses have just been the standard
particulate units.  My question has to do with a unit set up for Noble gas.  We
are able to configure it in GEDDS but don’t understand if there is any
additional setup that will reference it as a noble gas monitor.  To the best of
our knowledge, the AMS-4 has an activity readout (we use uCi/cc) and that just
gets transferred to GEDDS in that manner.  We think the AMS-4 is indifferent as
to whether that is alpha, beta or gamma activity.  Not sure if GEDDS would see
that as something different.  Does anyone have any AMS-4’s set up with GEDDS
that are Noble gas only or any insight on them?  I’ve  copied our instrument
folks to keep them in the loop.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Brad Krupp