From: Powernet <powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org> On Behalf Of Voss, Tom via
Powernet
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 10:45 AM
To: powernet@hpspowernet.org
Cc: Voss, Tom <tv...@lanl.gov>
Subject: [Powernet] Is there a need for a portable beta spectrometer and/or a
real time beta CAM with spec capability ?

READ THIS FIRST! This is NOT an OPPD email.
Be very cautious of any links or attachments unless you recognize this sender -
powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org<mailto:powernet-boun...@hpspowernet.org> and
are expecting this email.
Please click the "Report it" button if you think this email is malicious.
I have been communicating with some experts in radiation instruments and there
is the possibility we could have beta spec as a hand held device, laboratory
counter, or a beta CAM.  Is there interest in pursuing this idea ?

I will also bring up this topic at the next meeting of the Instrumentation
Section of the HPS.

Tom Voss