From: Nasser Rashidifard <nbrashidif...@radsafety.com>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 11:02 AM
To: powernet@hpspowernet.org
Cc: Williams, Michelle Lewis <miwil...@southernco.com>; Jordan, H. Brandon
<hbjo...@southernco.com>
Subject: RE: Passive Monitoring

 EXTERNAL MAIL: Caution Opening Links or Files

________________________________
Hi Michelle,

Hope all is well. ANI Engineering Inspection Criteria Section 8.5 provides
guidance on passive monitoring for gamma (GEM 5 or equivalent) and alpha/beta
(ARGOS or equivalent) at RCA or PA boundaries. This is the big one and they
specifically mention areas with potential for alpha. There is guidance on when
to employs such as the DAC levels or potential for greater than 10 mrem CEDE,
etc. With the setup you would need to establish some sort of sensitivity basis
for the minimum detectable dose. We have done several of these types of
evaluations, if you want to talk more in detail about the process let me know.

Nasser

Nasser Rashidifard, MS, CHP
Supervisor of Technical Services
Radiation Safety & Control Services Inc.
93 Ledge Rd, Seabrook NH, 03874
nbrashidif...@radsafety.com<mailto:nbrashidif...@radsafety.com>
Office: 603-778-2871 x240
Direct: 603-474-6740