Michael Eyrich wrote:
> Hi,
> kpowersave reports two batteries (Total, Battery 1, Battery
> 2) if there is one in the system (IBM Thinkpad R52) and
> four, if there are two of them in the system. Is there a
> reason for it (e.g. compatibility interfaces)?

That's the reason: Newer kernels now have a battery interface in both
/proc/acpi (obsolete) and in /sysfs and old HAL cannot handle that. This is
not really a kpowersave issue.
At least that's how i understood the problem back when it happened to me. HAL
should be fixed in the mean time, so you could try updating your packages to
the latest versions and complain to your distribution's bugzilla if they still
have that problem.

If i am wrong with my explanation, i'm sure that Danny will correct me ;-)

Have fun,

        Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)