Holger Macht wrote:
On Sun 20. Apr - 22:48:42, Michael Biebl wrote:
Holger Macht wrote:
Hi,

Powersave 0.15.20 is available on sourceforge [1]. Only bug fixes went
in. Although it is marked as unstable, you could consider this as a stable
release. Powersave is feature complete, and so 0.15.x will most likely be
Will powersave be updated to the new sysfs_power interface?

Powersaved uses HAL for power supply information.

While skimming through the source code, I found quite a few references to /proc/acpi/ in libpower (check_ACPI_dir() in powerlib.c, used by battery.c, fan.c, processor.c, therm.c,), the powersave binary seems to be clean.

Those occurrences are just for checking if ACPI is available at all. It's
not used for reading from /proc/... This needs to be updated (or even
removed?) if required. Patches welcome ;-)

Yeah, I think those checks should best be removed.  If (the deprecated)
CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT/CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP/CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS_POWER are not set anymore, those checks fail.

I also noticed that the powersaved daemon seems to miss support for hibernate button events (e.g. FN+F12 on ibm laptops), there only is support for button/sleep.

Do you get those through /proc/acpi/event? AFAIKS, button/sleep shouldn't
work anymore.

Problem is, powersave only has configuration for EVENT_BUTTON_SLEEP.
There is not corresponding EVENT_BUTTON_HIBERNATE.

universe are pointed away from Earth?