steven.cla...@microsoft.com said:
>  I've always found the following essay quite inspirational in
> the way that it describes two different styles of programming.
> http://www.papert.org/articles/EpistemologicalPluralism.html

I agree that essay raises interesting points, but I believe it
also has some significant weaknesses, as explained here:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~afb21/publications/Bricolage.pdf

(Their argument is one originating in gender studies, but more
recent work in gender and programming suggests that their sample
may have been too small and too specific to carry the weight of
general conclusions that they draw).

Alan
--
Alan Blackwell
Reader in Interdisciplinary Design, University of Cambridge

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).